POSITION TITLE: Library Assistant III
SUPERVISOR: Branch Supervisor
- Creates excellent customer experiences—making patrons feel welcome, registering patrons, keeping the library clean and tidy, brainstorming interesting displays, and providing positive and memorable patron experiences.
- Provides useful reference and meaningful reader’s advisory services to patrons by using online and print resources.
- Instructs patrons in the location and use of library materials.
- Assists with computer and e-reader questions.
- Leads events and activities promoting lifelong learning
- Opens and closes library.
- Checks materials in and out, renews and reserves materials, and takes meeting room and computer reservations.
- Processes fines, interlibrary loan materials, and new library cards.
- Adds/withdraws items using automated bibliographic database.
- Scans, faxes, and copies for patrons.
- Shelves library materials and reads shelves.
- Identifies collection needs based on customer comments.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- High school diploma
- Computer literacy with MS office proficiency
- Knowledge of library operations and library collection
- Customer service experience
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current technology to the position.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a busy public service atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Apply time management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service.
- Approach position with professionalism, initiative, and tact.
- Be flexible and continuously learn, unlearn, and relearn.
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$13.68 an hour
6 hours per week, Thursdays 2-8 pm
Please submit applications in the form of a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by Monday, November 28th to:
Stacy Lienemann, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-835-3700 (fax), or via snail mail at:
Waseca-Le Sueur Regional Library System
408 N State St
Waseca MN 56093