POSITION TITLE: LIBRARY ASSISTANT
SUPERVISOR: Branch Librarian
- Creates excellent customer experiences—making patrons feel welcome, registering patrons, keeping the library clean and tidy, brainstorming interesting displays, and providing positive and memorable patron experiences.
- Provides useful reference and meaningful reader’s advisory services to patrons by using online and print resources.
- Instructs patrons in the location and use of library materials.
- Assists with computer and e-reader questions.
- Opens and closes library.
- Checks materials in and out, renews and reserves materials, and takes meeting room and computer reservations.
- Processes fines, interlibrary loan materials, and new library cards.
- Adds/withdraws items using automated bibliographic database.
- Scans, faxes, and copies for patrons.
- Shelves library materials and read shelves.
- Identifies collection needs based on customer comments.
- Assumes responsibility for the library as directed in the absence of the Branch Librarian.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a busy public service atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Apply time management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service.
- Approach position with professionalism, initiative, and tact.
- Be flexible and continuously learn, unlearn, and relearn.
- High school diploma
- Computer literacy with MS office proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of library operations
- Customer service experience
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $13.88 an hour
- Paid sick days, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
- 30 hours per week, to include day hours, plus two evenings a week and every other Saturday. Saturday hours only September-May.
Please submit applications in the form of a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Apply to Stacy Lienemann, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-835-3700 (fax), or via snail mail at:
Waseca-Le Sueur Regional Library System
408 N State St
Waseca MN 56093
Application deadline is June 18th.
3 hours of vacation per pay period
3 hours of sick leave per pay period
M, W: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
T: 12:30 – 8:30 pm
Th: 1-5 PM or 12:30-8:30 pm (every other)
S: 9:00 am – 12 pm (every other)