POSITION TITLE: BRANCH SUPERVISOR
- Creates excellent customer experiences—making patrons feel welcome, registering patrons, keeping the library clean and tidy, producing interesting displays, and providing positive and memorable patron experiences.
- Provides useful reference and meaningful reader’s advisory services to patrons by using online and print resources.
- Schedules and produces programs and activities promoting lifelong learning as well as early literacy and transliteracy skills.
- Instructs patrons in the location and use of library materials.
- Assists with computer and e-reader questions.
- Opens and closes library.
- Checks materials in and out, renews and reserves materials, and takes computer reservations.
- Processes overdue notices, fines, interlibrary loan materials, and new library cards.
- Schedules, makes hiring recommendations, and trains branch substitute staff.
- Ensures fresh and attractive collection by rotating and weeding library materials as well as making recommendations to the collection development team.
- Collects statistics and prepares reports for Director.
- Makes recommendations to Director and assists with the administration of policies as set by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains a good working relationship and promotes the library to local government agencies, the Friends of the Library group, and other local organizations.
- Publicizes library events and services including maintaining library’s Facebook page.
- Oversees petty cash.
- Keeps city administration informed of necessary building repairs and enhancement issues.
- Attends full staff meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a busy public service atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Apply time management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service.
- Approach position with professionalism, initiative, and tact.
- Be flexible and continuously learn, unlearn, and relearn.
- High school diploma
- Computer literacy with MS office proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of library operations
- Customer service experience
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $13.34 an hour
- Paid sick days, paid holidays, and paid vacation (2 hours of vacation per pay period, 2 hours of sick leave per pay period)
- 22 hours per week, to include day hours, plus one evening a week.
- One staff meeting a month
Please submit applications in the form of a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Apply to Stacy Lienemann, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-835-3700 (fax), or via snail mail at:
Waseca-Le Sueur Regional Library System
408 N State St
Waseca MN 56093
Application deadline is September 27th.
M: 1-7 pm (6 hours)
T: 9-1 (4 hours)
W: 9-1 (4 hours)
Th: 1-7 pm (6 hours)
2 hours off desk time, to be flexed each week as needed, including 3-hour full staff meeting once a month in September-April.