POSITION TITLE: LIBRARY PAGE, TEMPORARY
- Run summer reading program desk.
- Prepare for and help out with summer reading program activities.
- Shelves library materials and maintains library shelves in neat order. Checks in new issues of periodicals and newspapers. Performs minor repairs to library items.
- Distributes mail, weeds newspapers and magazines, and performs clerical tasks as required.
- At closing time locks front and back doors, turns off lights, computers and copy machine. Makes sure building is secure.
- Runs errands for library staff.
- Instructs patrons in the location and use of library materials as needed. Answers phone and assists with circulation activities as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned .
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions.
- Ability to accept responsibility.
- Apply time management skills.
- Ability to work in a busy public service atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service.
- Approach position with professionalism, initiative, and tact.
- Be flexible and continuously learn, unlearn, and relearn.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- General knowledge of library operations.
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $9.69 an hour
- 10-20 hours per week: hours will vary, employment runs from May-August.
- Please submit application (available at Waseca Public Library) by April 19th to:
Stacy Lienemann, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-835-3700 (fax), or via snail mail at:
Waseca Public Library
408 N State St
Waseca MN 56093