POSITION TITLE: DISTRIBUTION CLERK
• Rotates library materials to branch libraries—keeping branches well stocked with newer materials and administering materials to guarantee library catalog accuracy.
• Organizes and assists branch libraries’ collection weeding process—ensuring fresh and attractive collections.
• Creates excellent customer experiences—making patrons feel welcome, keeping the library clean and tidy, producing interesting displays, and providing positive and memorable patron experiences.
• Provides useful reference and meaningful reader’s advisory services to patrons by using online and print resources.
• Instructs patrons in the location and use of library materials.
• Assists with computer and e-reader questions.
• Opens and closes library.
• Checks materials in and out, renews and reserves materials, and takes meeting room and computer reservations.
• Processes overdue notices, fines, interlibrary loan materials, and new library cards.
• Prepares and distributes courier items.
• Assumes responsibility for the library as directed in the absence of the Librarian and Director.
• Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a busy public service atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
• Communicate effectively.
• Apply time management skills.
• Maintain confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service.
• Approach position with professionalism, initiative, and tact.
• Be flexible and continuously learn, unlearn, and relearn.
• High school diploma with college education preferred
• Computer literacy with MS office proficiency preferred
• Knowledge of library operations and library collection
• Customer service experience
• Ability to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
• $13.34-17.41 an hour
• Paid sick days, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
• 28.5 hours per week, to include day hours, plus one evening a week.
Please submit applications in the form of a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Apply to Stacy Lienemann, Director at email@example.com, 507-835-3700 (fax), or via snail mail at:
Waseca Public Library
408 N State St
Waseca MN 56093
Application deadline is June 20th.
Typical Work Schedule:
T: 1-4, 5-8:30 (7.5)
W: 8-12, 1-5 (8)
Th: 8-12, 1-5 (8)
F: 8-1 (5)