Book Club and Reader Assistance
Libraries provide assistance to book clubs. We will gladly acquire copies of library books for your club.
In addition, we offer reader’s advisory services. If you’re looking for recommendations for books to help with work, homework, or leisure reading, library staff will find the right match for you.
Many of our libraries have meeting rooms that are free to use. Please contact the appropriate location to make a reservation.
Meeting Room Policies:
- Where the meeting room is separate from the main library service area, the responsibility rests with the city council.
- Use of the public area of the library for meetings or other public gatherings must not interfere with normal library operations. If the public library shares space with the City, the City and the Library System will share accountability for the public gathering space. Staff does not reserve the main library public area for non-library use. The main library public area can only be open when a library staff person is present.
- Meeting rooms within the Library System are intended for use by the citizens of the community. Rooms may be reserved for public or educational programs, meetings suitable to the size of the room, or for quiet study on a first-come, first-served basis provided that an individual assumes responsibility for the group. Meeting rooms are not to be used for private social functions, such as a bridal shower.
- Individuals or groups using meeting rooms shall not charge a fee for profit-making purposes. Meetings held in Library System meeting rooms shall be held during library open hours unless the space is able to be locked off from the main library service area.
- Meetings may be scheduled up to four months in advance.
- Due to high demand, individuals are limited to four reservations within a four-month period. Groups are not limited to a specific number of reservations within the four-month period.
Reference assistance is provided at all libraries. Any question that cannot be answered at the library will be passed on to a larger library reference staff.
Our libraries offer a wide variety of performances, workshops, and events throughout the year. Check out the event calendar to find out all about our upcoming events.
Photocopiers & Fax Machines
Libraries have copy machines and printers for public use. Copies are 10¢ for black-and-white copies and 25¢ for color copies.
The public can also scan to email at Le Sueur and Waseca libraries. This service is available free to the public.
Library staff are available to assist you using these services.
Tax forms are available at all libraries and are available as they arrive. After April 15th, please inquire at the circulation desk for the forms.
Please inquire at the circulation desk of your local library. Equipment varies by location.
Check your local library branch page for information on book sales. Many of our libraries have an ongoing book sale in the library. Donations are encouraged but only items in good condition will be accepted. Other restrictions may apply.